Sunday 15 January 2017

Healthy Kale Chips




Now, I'm not sure about you but when I was little I used to HATE greens. My Nan used to pile high my plate with 'curly kale' and I would gag at the thought of eating it. 

Now you'll find it has become one of those 'superfoods' that's splashed everywhere as a miracle food that assists in weight loss and all things magical - I'm not sure the magical part is correct, but it is full of Vitimin K, C, A, B6 and E - the list goes on! 

I had half a bag of kale left in the fridge this weekend, that was going out of date and wasn't enough for a portion with dinner - so I made Kale Chips. 

My boyfriend pulled a face when I said 'hey would you like some Kale chips?' and turned his nose up and then continued to eat half of the bowl once he'd tried them!! 

These are simply roasted with a drizzle of olive oil, Chinese 5 spice, pink Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper.  You need to ensure that the leaves are dry before you add the oil - otherwise you run the risk of the leaves going soggy - and that's not what you want! 

Rub the oil, five spice, salt and pepper into the leaves and place on grease proof paper. put into the oven for 7 mins at 180 degrees - but don't open the door!


They actually taste like crispy Chinese seaweed from the takeaway - just without being deep fried and a while lot less greasy!


Don't worry - you'll thank me after you've tried them! You can also prepare these the night before and keep them in an airtight container and take them to work as a healthy snack. 

T :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment