Friday 18 July 2014

Sainsbury's Free From Frozen Pizza



I very rarely visit the frozen food aisle in the supermarket (unless I am looking for my Amy's Kitchen macaroni cheese fix) but occasionally I like to have a look and see what is available or new to the market. 
When at home I don't really eat frozen pizza, but my boyfriend and I decided to have a lazy day and eat pizza in the garden in the sun! 
I had this Free From pepperoni pizza stored in the freezer from a few weeks ago, so we decided to have a feast. 


From the size of the box I thought the pizza was a decent size...when I opened the box it was half the size I was expecting!! 



20 minutes later and the pizza was ready straight from frozen.  

The 'thin and crispy crust' was indeed thin and very very crispy.  The crust was so hard to cut through even my pizza cutter was struggling! 

The pizza itself tasted ok, it certainly didn't lack cheese and had a healthy scattering of pepperoni.  The middle of the base was chewy but the crust was like eating a bullet! i very nearly broke a few teeth in the process!

Overall it was a bit greasy for me...and I didn't like the taste of the pepperoni.  I didn't manage to eat it all but that was because the grease made me feel a little bit ill.  

Verdict: Sainsbury's could most definitely improve their recipe!! They could take a leaf out of Dietary Specials book... I don't think I will be buying a frozen pizza from Sainsbury's frozen aisle any time soon. 

Not a very happy customer!

Rating: 

2/10...AWFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment