Monday 6 October 2014

Itsu - Chicken Classic In A Cup




I could not be bothered to decide what to have for lunch, like most days, so I scoured the aisles of Tesco looking for something relatively Gluten Free that isn't biscuits, bread or carbs related. Luckily for me, Tesco express in Kings Cross is actually quite good for Gluten Free things. 

Today I found this NEW product from Itsu, now while we are all very aware of their lovely food on nearly every high street, I didn't know they packaged their products and sold them in supermarkets....



            
 


At £2.30 this little pot is close to a steal compared with some of the dishes you can take away from their restaurants. It is also quick and easy, as you just add hot water and leave for 3 minutes, a bit like a healthier (only 171 Kcals!), Gluten Free PotNoodle. 


However what I would say is not to have it alone. It is suggested on the pot to maybe add vegetables or chicken to the broth, something that I didn't do because I only read this while waiting for my 3 minutes to be up. I like my soups a bit more chunky, so in hindsight I should have probably followed the recommendation. 


Over all though, it's a good idea, especially for those who don't have the time to walk and wait in the queue for the real thing! 




Rating: 

6/10 it would definitely be higher if I'd have added some chicken and veg!  

No comments:

Post a Comment