Monday 8 June 2015

'Cheat' Weekend Brownies




For 8 weeks I have been on a strict eating regime as part of my 8 week gym plan and haven’t really had any sweet treats at all.

Saturday I felt like making myself a sweet treat, chocolate brownies…my favourite!
However, I couldn’t let myself go completely, these chocolate brownies were made in a slightly different way for a lighter snack, rather than using tonnes of butter.

I used one packet of Udi’s Gluten Free Brownie mix, along with a cup of 0% fat Greek Yogurt, 2 egg whites whipped into peaks, and a dash of Gluten Free Vanilla essence. A simple recipe for a delicious chocolatey treat.

I combined the 0% fat Greek Yogurt, with the brownie mix in a large bowl, along with the vanilla. This should create a thick, velvety consistency.
At the same time I quickly whipped the egg whites using a kitchen aid on full power for a minute and a half (you can monitor it to see how your egg whites are getting on, they may need a bit longer)!

I then combined both the egg whites, and chocolatey mixture together, ensuring that I folded in the egg whites (not mixed them) to keep the air in the mixture.
This was then spread into a grease proof paper lined baking tin and baked at 160 degrees (a fan assisted oven) for 35 minutes.

Once cooled, I cut into 12 equal squares and lathered on peanut butter on each side, and put them together.






They made a great cheat day treat, and even my mum liked them – which is a rarity with my baking!  


The next step is to attempt making the brownie mixture myself, but while I am still a novice baker, I will stick to Udi’s! 

These little cakes are perfect on a sunny morning in the garden with a cup of English Breakfast Tea! 


No comments:

Post a Comment