Tuesday 15 July 2014

M&S Gluten Free Pre-Made Sandwiches





M&S have been producing Gluten Free sandwiches for about 2 years now, but they have significantly improved their product in recent months.  

It was a treat to even think about buying a pre-made sandwich anywhere...and M&S got it so right! Originally their sandwiches were (admittedly and I love M&S) were a bit dry. The bread was so dry that sometimes it was very hard to eat. 

Their Gluten Free range has however not only had a marketing make over, but their products have had some serious work too. 

The branding is better, the product is better and if I am honest they keep improving them. 

My favourite Sandwich at lunch time (if I forget to bring in my lunch) is the Cheese and Pickle Ploughman's sandwich. 


The bread is still slightly hard, but it is so much better than before. 

The thing I like about M&S is that they deep fill their sandwiches. Even their NEW Chicken Salad Sandwiches are deep filled. 



They may come in at a hefty £3.60 for the Egg and Cress and Cheese Ploughman's and £4 for the Chicken Salad, but you are paying for what you get and also the convenience of not having to buy a loaf of bread, then filling, and then finally make your own sandwich. 

I for one am glad to know that I can pop into Euston Station and buy a Sandwich if I have not brought any lunch with me. 

I am also glad that M&S have an expanding product range. I am lucky, my boyfriend's mum always buys me treats such as the Fruit loaf and Chocolate Cake, which when you are not very well (having had my wisdom teeth extracted) was the best thing ever. 

The Victoria Sponge is very good too. We have had this many a time in our office for various birthdays and no one can actually tell the difference. I look forward to getting the Birthday cake next year for my birthday! 

I am yet to try the scotch pancakes because I can't find them in my local stores :(. 


If you want to know which products are available in your closest M&S there is a list here of all the products and their availability:

http://health.marksandspencer.com/uploads/pdfs/Made%20Without%20Wheat%20Store%20Information.pdf 


Rating

6/10 A bit pricey but still tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment