Sunday 28 December 2014

Gluten Free At Christmas



It's the time for festive cheer and family time and of course, lots and lots of eating. 
Being Gluten Free doesn't mean you have to be any different! There are so many products out there now that are Gluten Free, you won't feel left out at all. My favourite thing about Christmas Eve is the mountains of Sausage Rolls and Mince Pies on the kitchen table. This year my mum mastered the Gluten Free puff pastry (something that apparently is very very hard) as we couldn't find the Genius pre made frozen packets ANYWHERE. It would have been a great treat to have tasted it, but I suppose there is always another time of year! It is safe to say after being ill and a day at work, these were well ans truly welcomed with a glass of red. 

It was far, far easier to make the perfect Gluten Free Christmas Dinner this year! We had Gluten Free sausage meat stuffing that we found on the fresh aisles of Sainsburys, Gluten Free small chipolatas to make pigs in blankets from Waitrose, and of course Gluten Free gravy made by my mama. 

We made deep fried Camembert (well its Christmas...once in the year is ok...right?!) which we made with Pulsetta's breadcrumbs. These went down a treat as they were so yummy. Not a scrap was left!

I had Mrs Crimbles cheese crackers (Marks and Spencer do very similar cheese crackers too) which went down a storm at about 10pm when everyone had finally moved from the sofa. 

The best thing about boxing day is the cold meet and bubble!

We pan fry ours and make little fritters, with a tiny bit of olive oil,  but my favourite concoction was brie, gammon and Gluten Free Stuffing on toasted genius seeded bread (my favourite bread of all). I think I inhaled it and it didn't last two seconds. 

I did buy a Christmas pudding from Waitrose, as a treat for Christmas day, did I have room to eat it? No! So I suppose it will stay in the cupboard for another year, or I can sneak it in on New Years Day. 

I would just like to thank everyone who has supported my blog since starting it in late May of this year. I have tried some wonderful products from some wonderful companies. 

A special thanks goes to: 

No.G, Georgias Choice, Udi's, BFree, Delicious Alchemy, Pulsetta, Primal foods, 9Bar, Amy's Kitchen (you have kept me sane throughout the year!), Veronica's crisps (you have stopped many a tantrum!), Glutafin (my very first review), Easy Bean, Frank Bars, Nairns, Ilumi, Free'd, My Swedish Friends Fria and all those I met at the Allergy and Free From Show this year. 

I look forward to trying your brand new products for the new year, and wish you all the best. 


Tilly :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment