Sunday 4 January 2015

Udi's Cookie Mix



It has taken me about a month to finally get down to business when it comes to baking. The Christmas period has been super busy both with work and family! But in 2015, I promise (and it is a new year’s resolution) to be more frequent with my posts and hopefully be introducing recipes as well as product reviews.

As a novice baker I am very welcomed to the idea of packet mixes (although my mother would have a heart attack if she heard me saying that)!



Udi’s have introduced some new mixes that are extremely easy to make. All you need is a mixer, some Gluten Free Vanilla Extract, Honey, softened unsalted butter and an egg all of which I had in my fridge/cupboards.

I just whacked them all into the mixer for about 2 minutes, and then rolled the dough into small balls and placed them on a baking tray. They only need about 18 minutes in the oven and then they are ready.



My first batch however, I had placed them too close together, and they merged into one. I had to do a bit of cookie cutting that would make Mary Berry proud but because they were still warm and soft I managed to save them.



I had learnt my lesson with the second batch and put them in the freezer before putting them into the hot oven. This made the mixture stiffer and so the second round of cookies were thicker.


I look forward to making the Gluten Free Pizza Base next! 



Rating: 

7/10 they came out soft and sweet, just how I like my cookies!




***This packet mix was sent to me by Udi's to try and test***

No comments:

Post a Comment