Tuesday 31 March 2015

Delicious Alchemy - Brown Bread Mix



The lovely ladies at Delicious Alchemy sent me some brown breadmix to try, but I didn't want to just make traditional bread – seeing as it is nearly Easter!



To the dry breadmix I added a teaspoon of mixed spice and a teaspoon of nutmeg. Along with the spice I also added 135grams of golden caster sugar, zest of a whole lemon and  50g of butter.  Then I followed the instructions on the packet (which for a novice baker were very welcomed). Once I had the dough I wanted I then added the mixed fruit and let the dough rest for 20 minutes.



I then split the dough into balls and placed them on a grease-proof papered baking tin. I managed to get 9 buns out of the mix, but you could get 6 if you made them slightly bigger.


Before baking I  mixed together just plain white gluten free flower and water and piped a cross on the top. 

They tasted lovely with honey drizzled over the top and lashings of butter while still hot!



The mix makes great buns, but will also make a great loaf of brown bread!

Thanks Delicious Alchemy! Keep the magic mixes flowing! They are great for people who are too busy to bake from scratch! 


No comments:

Post a Comment