Monday 23 March 2015

Heavenly Cakes - Betty Bakes


Betty


Last week I travelled to Spain from London Gatwick North Terminal. 

I hate travelling because it either means starving yourself for the whole day or ensuring you are super prepared with a packed lunch. 

Unfortunately when it comes to travelling I am not the best person to prepare food as well as all the passports, tickets, money, hotel bookings, car rental bookings, directions to and from the hotel as well as everything else that comes with being a woman and travelling. 

Being the unprepared traveller that I am I dread airports. They are not a coeliac's friend I can tell you that!

However saying this, in Jamie's Italian in North Terminal I found these Betty Bakes cakes! 

As you all know I am a sucker for something sweet so I had to try one...although which one to try?...Eton mess, Lemon, Chocolate Brownie or Bakewell Tart - I was spoiled for choice. 

I decided to go with the Eton Mess (my favourite desert!). 



It was nice, although a little bit sweet for 8.30am I must admit...even for someone like me who has the sweetest of teeth!

Maybe I shouldn't have been so greedy and eaten it all at once, especially at such an early hour of the morning. 

I would however give my right arm to try the different flavours - especially the lemon!

Thank you Jamie's for thinking about those of us who have dietary needs - now all I'd like to see is something more substantial than sweet cakes for breakfast!  

No comments:

Post a Comment